Mission and purpose
GuildHE is formally recognised within UK higher education, representing a range of universities and higher education institutions, championing specialism and diversity as essential features of a world class sector.
It is our job to:
• Understand policy and its impact, informing institutions and the wider sector
• Think about higher education policy and to talk to those that make it;
• Have good ideas about how to improve what we and others do;
• Campaign for sectoral diversity, institutional distinctiveness and specialism;
• Be a creative, independent and trusted voice for UK higher education;
• Highlight the interests of our members and their communities;
• Identify, promote and share good practice.
In our work we will:
• Represent the views of our members proactively to Government, to funding bodies and other agencies;
• Influence, develop, shape and anticipate policy trends, engaging with ideas, evidence and opinion;
• Work with students in everything we do;
• Support members to work with business and their communities to help inform strategy, teaching, learning and research
• Champion our members, supporting their different missions and values as well as their creativity, dynamism and distinctiveness.