Bright Blue Conference – University: is it worth it?
Bright Blue fringe event at the 2015 Conservative Party
- Jo Johnson MP, Minister for Universities and Science (invited)
- The Rt Hon Lord David Willetts
- Katja Hall, Deputy Director-General, CBI
- Megan Dunn, President, NUS
- Prof Joy Carter, Vice-Chancellor, University of Winchester
- Matthew d’Ancona, Chair, Bright Blue
- Is it right that more young people are attending university?
- Is university the best way to prepare young people for the modern labour market?
- Does a £9,000 degree represent value for money?
- What reforms are needed to enhance the quality of the student experience?
- How can we ensure government gets a better return on its investment in universities?
- What changes are needed to the student loans system to make it fair and sustainable?
- Are universities serving the local economy they operate in?
- Can universities add value to regional development, especially the Northern Powerhouse?
Refreshments will be served. No need to RSVP; just turn up on the day.
Sponsored by GuildHE and University Alliance